Monday 24 February 2014

ombre party nails // Cerys

Posted by Unknown at 2/24/2014
Hey guys so I haven't posted a single post in a while and I am hoping now that I have a few posts planned I can get back on track with my schedule!






Okay so let's get started!

Things you will need:

 




A sponge that can be cut to a size to fit your nails.

                                          
                                       





 2 colours one dark and one lighter
 (eg. black and turquoise)









Glitter (eg. silver) this is optional
You may want a brush to apply the glitter







Cotton wool buds








Nail vanish remover





            
        



Clear coat for base and top
That should be it :)
 
That should be everything :) 
















First you need to grab you clear coat and paint your nails, we are using this base coat because we want to prevent chipping and staining to the nail, this is a good thing to do since we will be working with darker colours today.
















Next you want to grab your sponge ( I find cheap makeup sponges work good with this because they have a soft texture ) I bought mine from Poundland. You need to decide which colour you want to be near the cuticle I find that the darker colour looks best.
















You need to paint both colours on the sponge for this look you wont need to mix both colours on the sponge. They will blend automatically when you sponge them on your nail.
















This brings me to the next step, you need to dab the sponge on to the nail. I find rotating your finger is the best method for this. ( this part can get messy but don't worry we will clean up at the end.
















I usually do one coat and then wait for it to dry, re-apply the polish to the sponge then apply to the nail again.

TIP: I would advise using one sponge per hand to minimise the chance of parts of the sponge sticking to your nail!

After the polish is dry, you can start with the glitter! I like to use a old make up brush to apply the glitter because it is probably the simplest way to do it. Now before the glitter apply one coat of clear polish so that the glitter will stick.


















Now I am using silver glitter because I think it looks perfect with the colours I chose but any glitter will do if it matches your colour scheme :) So what I do is apply glitter to one side of the brush, then I pat the brush with the glitter side facing the nail. What I aim for is to have more glitter at the top of the nail and less at the bottom, it gives a nice gradient look! I put paper underneath so I can reuse any excess glitter and to create less mess.


Now what you need to do is tidy up the nails with the nail vanish remover and cotton buds.



Leave the glitter to set then add one last coat of clear polish to help give your look a nice shine and to prevent chipping :)






That's it from me, have a good day!
- Cerys x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TeensWithABlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos