Wednesday 7 May 2014

Elf Haul and first impressions! | Chloe

Posted by Unknown at 5/07/2014

Hello lovelies! 
 Hope you are all well, and are enjoying your week so far :).

So ELF had a special promotion on over Easter where you got 50% off if you spend £30 or more, plus 2 free gifts if you spend over £15 So of course I took full advantage of this deal and hit the website on Easter Sunday. 
I decided I wasn't going to go completely mental when ordering, but I did get a fair few things, so let's take a look at what I got shall we? I also thought I would do a first impressions as I've had  a chance to try them out since buying them.



 The first thing I got was a cream eye liner.
I am rubbish at applying liquid eye liner and tend not to wear any on my lash line because 90% of the time I will look like a panda or it goes horribly wrong! So I thought the cream eye liner would be a little bit easier to apply. I really like the packaging it comes in, a little pot with a brush included, very similar to other gel liners. It is a lot easier to apply than liquid liner, in my opinion and stays on all day perfectly! It also helps that its waterproof as its coming up to the hotter weather (hopefully!) 



The second thing I go was the Mineral Foundation in Light.  
Now because this was my first time buying from ELF I had no idea what shade I was! But I know I am quite pale so I go it in the shade light. 
The packaging for this is very smart, but a little small. And when I went to shake the pot to get the product out, it didn't go to well. Not much came out and I was shaking a lot, some of it also went on my jeans, I think its going to take some getting used to. But overall I was happy with the coverage it gave. 


Third thing that popped into my online basket was the Eyebrow Collection kit. 
I saw this on the website and though it was brilliant value for money for £6.95 you get: 4 eyebrow stencils *list the names*, a brush, tweezers, brow gel and powder and a setting mascara! Fantastic! I thought the stencils would be brilliant for me as I am not the best and filling in my eyebrows if I'm honest. I honestly love the gel and powder duo, mixed together and they are the perfect shade for my brows!


The next things I got was 2 baked eye shadows, in the shades 'Enchanted' and 'Burnt Plum'. 
I had to get these even though I have more than enough eye shadows because  the colours just looked so pretty on the website I needed them! I love these colour so much! 'Burnt Plum' (The purple ish one) is a lot more pigmented than 'Enchanted' but both of them are great quality! I love applying 'Enchanted' on my lid and a little bit of 'Burnt Plum' in my crease to define it a bit more.


The fifth thing that caught my eye was the tinted moisturizer. 
I've been meaning to buy one of these for a while now as I some times I want to let my skin breathe a little and go for a more natural look. So I thought a tinted moisturizer would be perfect! I got the colour 'Apricot Beige' and when I was ordering it, I was scared it would be too dark for me, I think it is the lightest one they do, but I was still not sure. As I said before I'd never ordered off of ELF before so I'm not sure of the shading. But I think I got it right! I haven't used this much since getting this as my skin as been bad and I need to have a little bit more coverage for school, in my opinion. So I can't really comment on it just yet.


(why is this on its side? I've rotated it twice! Arrr!!)

And finally the last thing I got was the HD Blush, In the shade 'Headliner'  
I've been wanting a new blush for a while now, I have a few but but I wanted to try new softer colours as it's coming up to summer! So when scrolling through the ELF website I found their HD blushes. 
I first tried it out and it was unbelievably watery. But after I shook it a bit, it turned out okay. I looked on the reviews for this product as I was sure if I'd like it, most people said a tiny bit goes a long way. And they are completely right! The bottle it comes in is quite small, but it will last for ever as you do really need a tiny bit.

Now like I said at the beginning on the post, as I had spent over £15 I got 2 free gifts included in my order. At first I didn't receive them but the lovely people at ELF got that sorted out quickly. (Hence why this post is up a bit late!)


The first gift I got was a mineral eyeshadow in the shade 'bronze'. 
I had seen this on the website when ordering, and thought it looked pretty good but stopped myself from buying anything else! So I was very pleased that this was one of my free gifts! The packaging on most ELF products, like their mineral foundation, eyeshaodows etc. is very smart, considering how cheap the products are! I know that some cheaper brands look like they are cheap but I don't get that impression with ELF. I've worn this once since receiving it and the colour of it is just great! I have a feeling this will be making its way into a part of my daily routine! 


The second free gift I got was a lip gloss in the shade juicy berry (I think) 
I am not a huge fan on lipgloss if I'm honest, I don't know why but I can't never stand the feeling on stuff on my lips. But i always like to try out new products, to see if I get on with them. And i have to say that I am impressed with this! I love the colour it gives on my lips and it's very glossy! (Also it smells amazing which is a bonus!) 


But that is it for my ELF haul! I hope I didn't bore you too much?

What's you favourite ELF product? I'd love to know in the comments!



Till next time





3 comments:

Secret SantA on 31 July 2014 at 18:48 said...

This is such an adorable blog, love it :)

Unknown on 3 August 2014 at 05:13 said...

I see ELF products everywhere now, but have been weary when it comes to what products are actually worth getting. Thanks for sharing you thoughts!
Ps: Chloe , I stumbled across your blog and am in LOVE. I nominated you and Cerys for a Liebster Award which is basically a fun way to learn more about budding bloggers all over the web! Check out the details here:http://buzzbootsandberries.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

Mary Elle on 3 December 2014 at 20:54 said...

The eyeshadows are definitely a fave of mine!

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/blog

Post a Comment

 

TeensWithABlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos