Wednesday 22 January 2014

Mini Haul / First Impressions | Chloe

Posted by Unknown at 1/22/2014

If you follow us on twitter (*cough* @/Teenswithablog *cough*) you may or may not have known that about a week a go I order a few things from the superdrug website. It was my first time ordering off the website and I have to say I was impressed! I placed my order on Sunday night and the package arrived Wednesday, which is pretty quick considering I didn't have to pay of delivery! (Spend over £10 and you get free delivery.)
Anyway I thought I'd do a mini haul / first impressions post as I've had a chance to try them all out since getting them.

First thing I decided to get was the 'Maybelline Great Lash Mascara' in Blackest Black.

I have to say the brush didn't really impress me when I first opened it. Its nothing special and looked a little bit short for my liking. Apart from that I think the packaging is really retro looking and colourful. The formula of it is a little wet but does make my lashes look better after 2/3 coats. I'm not sure if I'd purchase this again, I'll have to see. This cost me £4.99

Second thing I got was 'Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eye shadow' in the shade 'On & On Bronze'

I was so excited to get this because I have heard a lot about it! Its a great base colour or just on its own for a causal look. It is small but I can tell that its going to last a long time! It did stay on all day and didn't crease, I think I will have to repurchase this and get some other shades. And a bonus I got it for half prices as Superdrug have a 'buy one get the second half price' on selected Maybelline products. Original price was £4.99 and the sale price was £2.50


Third thing I got was '2True Cheek n Lip Tint' in 'Shade 1'. 

And I have to say this was the thing I was most disappointed with. Its a dupe of the Benefits Benetint but honestly its not a very good tint. I applied it to my cheeks and blended it in as I normally would but for some reason I had 2 streaky lines on my cheeks! Whether this was because I didn't blend enough, I don't know, but it looked horrible! I haven't tried it on my lips yet, lets hope its better as a lip tint then it is a cheek tint. At the moment I wouldn't purchase this again! This cost me £1.99 

Next I got 'MUA Liquid Eyeliner' in  'Waterproof Black'.

Now I haven't tried this out since getting it as I'm always in a rush in the morning and I know I will end up looking like a panda! But the packaging is cute and even though its little I know it will last a while as I don't wear eye liner to school very often. I can't really say if I would buy this again but for £1 I think I probably will!


Last thing I got was 'MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder'.

Now MUA are one of my favourite brands! Their products are so cheap but great quality! I love the patten that is on the powder, I think its super cute! I've used this once or twice and I can tell its going to be a favourite of mine!


I hope you enjoyed this mini haul/ first impressions post! Sorry for the lack of post lately, we've been so busy with coursework and other stuff but hopefully we will be uploading a lot more! 

Till next time! :)


Chloe x











1 comments:

Unknown on 6 February 2014 at 19:55 said...

I love this highlight...I use it everyday, the colour is so pretty

Katie,
beautyandkatie.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment

 

TeensWithABlog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos